This can be served with Dal, Achin Hin or Eli Palat along with steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 to 45 minutes
2 pounds Beef (I used Beef Stew Meat) – cut into 2 x 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons Ginger – grated or finely chopped
2 tablespoons Garlic – crushed or finely chopped
4 tablespoons White Vinegar
3/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a pressure cooker pot, combine beef with ginger, garlic, vinegar, turmeric powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water.
- Pressure cook over low heat for 3 whistles or 3 to 4 minutes after cooker starts steaming, turn off heat and keep aside.
- Once pressure is released, open the pot and if there is any water left, cook over high heat until all water has been evaporated.
- Deep fry the beef over medium heat until desired crispiness.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Print this recipe >>