Grilled Vegetables with Warm Jalapeno Dressing
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 medium Zucchini - cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
1 medium Eggplant -cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
1 Red Bell Pepper - cut into 1/4 inch rings
1 Green Bell Pepper - cut into 1/4 inch rings
2 Tomatoes - cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 Large Onion - cut into 1/4 inch rings
2 Green Onions
Olive Oil as needed
Salt and Pepper to taste
*Note: To grill vegetables in bamboo skewers, cut them into thicker or bite size pieces.
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic - crushed or finely chopped
1 tablespoon Jalapeno - finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper (adjust to taste)
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Parsley - chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Lightly brush vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Heat indoor griddled pan or outdoor grill until very hot and grill the vegetables until soften but with a 'bite'.
- Arrange vegetables in a platter and keep aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, cook olive oil, garlic, jalapeno and crushed red pepper for few minutes until garlic and jalapeno has soften.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and let it heat through.
- Add parsley and salt, and pour the dressing over warm vegetables.
- Season generously with cracked black pepper and serve warm.