Garlic Green Beans
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 to 7 minutes
1 pound Green Beans - stem ends trimmed
1 tablespoon Oil
8 big cloves Garlic - pressed or finely chopped
1/4 cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock, or Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a microwave safe bowl, add about 1/4 cup of water, cover and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat a large skillet with oil over high heat. Once hot, add garlic and stir for few seconds being careful not to burn them.
- Add green beans, stir well and cook for about 30 seconds. Season it with salt and generous amount of pepper to taste.
- Add stock or water and stir and scrape to get all garlic bits out.
- Reduce heat to medium high and continue cooking until all liquid is evaporated and green beans are just about tender without overcooking them.
- Increase heat to high and stirring constantly, let the garlic brown for about half a minute, dish out and serve hot.
If you want your beans to be more tender, you can reduce heat and partially cover it for about a minute after adding the liquid but start and end with high heat.
Print this recipe >>