Roasted Greek Potatoes
Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour (Oven Method)
30 minutes (Stovetop Method)
1 pound red potatoes or mixture of red and purple potatoes – skin on and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 cloves garlic – pressed or finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place potatoes in a parchment lined baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients; pour it over potatoes and mix well to coat all potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and stir potatoes once and continue cooking for 30 more minutes or until it is cooked through and nicely browned. Stir once in between to get even brownness.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley.
- In a microwave save bowl large enough to hold all the potatoes, add all ingredients except potatoes and mix well. Add potatoes, mix again, cover and microwave on high for about 4 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add potatoes with all its liquids.
- Stir for few seconds, reduce heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through stirring few times in between.
- Increase heat to high and stirring frequently, continue cooking until potatoes start to get nice brown color. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.