Lemon Rice Pilaf
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 large shallot – finely chopped
1 cup long grain rice – rinsed and drained
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds for garnish
- Heat a pot over medium high heat and add oil & butter.
- Add shallots and sauté for about a minute or so until lightly browned.
- Add rice and brown the rice for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock, thyme and bring it to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to very low, cover pot with tight lid and cook undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, all liquid should be evaporated and rice will be cooked. Add lemon zest, parsley and mix well.
- Transfer rice to serving platter, top it up with almonds and serve.
- For vegan friendly version, skip butter and use oil instead. Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Print this recipe >>