There is really no fixed recipe as you can use as much or as little of the vegetables you like and dress it up to your taste but below is a good start out point.
Serves: 2 to 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
3 to 4 medium tomatoes - seeds removed and cut into bite size pieces (about 2 cups)
1 green bell pepper - core removed and cut into bite size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 Persian cucumbers or cucumber of your choice - cut into bite size pieces (about 2 cups worth)
1/2 red onion - cut into bite size pieces (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Kalamata olives - sliced thinly
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese for garnish
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry oregano
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and adjust according to taste.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the vegetables, to your desire taste, and garnish with feta cheese and serve.
- For Vegan friendly version, skip the feta cheese.
- Chunkier vegetables taste best for this type of salad. Vegetables and dressing can be prepared ahead but only combine them right before serving.
- Peel the cucumber skin if they're not too fresh and seeds can be removed if you prefer.
- If red onion is very spicy, cut into smaller chunks compared to other vegetables and wash couple times and soak it in cold water while cutting other vegetables. Drain the water out before using.