It might not be very special for everyone but it is close to my heart so I thought I’ll share this recipe.
Cabbage and Carrots Stir Fry
Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1/2 pound carrots – peeled, cut in half length wise and sliced thinly (about 2 cups worth)
1/2 pound cabbage – sliced into about 1/4 inch slices (about 4 cups worth)
6 cloves of garlic – whack with knife
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat wok or large pan over high heat until very hot and add oil.
- Once it is almost smoking hot, add garlic pieces. Stir once or twice and add carrots. Stir for few more seconds and add cabbage.
- Stir well and cover the pan for about 30 seconds. Add salt and generous amount of black pepper to taste and stir well to combine.
- Push the vegetables to the side to make space in middle of the pan and crack open an egg in the empty space. Season the egg with few dashes of black pepper, and scramble it. Once the egg is halfway cooked through, mix the vegetables and egg together.
- Taste and season with more salt or pepper if needed, stir and serve hot.
- Make sure vegetables are well drained and not soaking wet.
- Have all ingredients ready before starting to cook and work fast to prevent from overcooking the vegetables.
- Make sure to heat the wok or pan really well to get smoky flavor.