Thai Duck Curry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 tablespoon oil
2 oz (1/2 a can) Maesri red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 roasted duck – cut in chunks
1/2 cup pineapple – cut into bite size pieces
4 to 6 kaffir lime leaves – torn with hand
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes –cut in half
Fish sauce to taste
2 teaspoon sugar (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté red curry paste for 1 min or so until fragrant.
- Add few tablespoons of coconut milk and stir. Add few more tablespoons of coconut milk until it becomes thick gravy consistency.
- Add the roasted duck, stir and cook for further minute.
- Add pineapple, kaffir lime leaves and cherry tomatoes. Season it with sugar and fish sauce to taste. Stir well and cook for few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and some water to adjust the gravy consistency. Cook for further minute.
- Turn off the heat and add basil leaves. Stir once and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with few more basil leaves.