Panko Crusted Long Bean Fries
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 lb long beans – cut into 5 to 6 inch pieces
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoons onion powder
4 teaspoons paprika (divided)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg- lightly beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Oil for deep frying
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 tablespoon ketchup
Few dashes of hot sauce of your choice
- In a small bowl, add all the dipping sauce ingredients, mix well, adjust according to taste and keep aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat. Add the cut long beans and blanch for 1 minute. After 1 minute, drain the long beans and immediately place them in a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Set this aside.
- In one shallow dish, add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, 2 tsp paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a second dish or bowl, add milk, egg, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a third dish, add panko breadcrumbs, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Remove few beans from the water and shake off to remove excess water. Add them to the flour dish, and coat well with flour. Remove and drop them to the milk dish and coat well. Next, coat them with breadcrumbs and finally, add to the preheated oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.
Print this recipe >>