Bell Pepper with Ground Meat
Serves: 2 to 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon oil
9 to 10 cloves of garlic – whack with knife
1 medium onion – 1/4 of it finely chopped and 3/4 of it cut in chunks
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1 large or 2 small bell peppers green or mixed – cut in 3/4 inch squares
Fish sauce to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Heat a wok or a wide frying pan over high heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and quickly stir for few seconds. Add chopped onions and continue to stir for about a minute until onions are translucent.
- Add ground meat, stir and break the meat chunks apart. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and almost all the water has evaporated.
- At this point, add the onion chunks and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add bell peppers, stir and season it with fish sauce and cook for another minute or so. Do not overcook the bell peppers.
- Crack some black pepper, stir once and serve hot with steam rice and hot sauce of your choice.